Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get IVI.Visa.NativeVisaException Error Code details

Recently, I have been getting error -1073807193 0xBFFF00A6, which corresponds to the Connection Lost native error. However, the IVI.Visa.NativeErrorException message is: Could not perform operation because of an I/O error.

My question is:  Is there a way to get additional details about the error, such as the description from the native error class? The best I was able to do is get the Macro Name for this error: ERROR_CONN_LOST, 

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,922 Views)

Hi David,

There isn't a way to get additional details about the error.  Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,894 Views)

the 'issue' was addressed by keeping the TCP/IP session 'alive' (the Ethernet box times out after 120 s), which is unrelated to the native error description. 

Could you submit a feature request for adding 'Details' to the native error?  

Meanwhile is there a CSV file with error codes and descriptions, which can be used for building a dictionary? It would seem quite a chore to do this based on the help file.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,891 Views)

Hi David,

I'll see what I can do about getting the feature request placed for adding "details" to the native error.  I haven't been able to find a CSV file with the error codes and descriptions yet, but I will continue searching.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,871 Views)

🙂 thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,867 Views)