Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that a non "NI" card ie a pci 488 i/o card would not be recognised in certain versions of Labview i.e educational versions

Im trying to read from a kiethly via what I think is a non NI instruments i/o card..PCI 488. Im told that perhaps our version of Labview may not recpgnise this card if its an educational Labview release. Can I manage to communicate with this card via a manufacturer or Labview driver download.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,102 Views)
No version of LabVIEW will be able to use a non-NI GPIB board with the built-in LV GPIB functions. The native functions make calls into NI-GPIB and that is only for NI hardware. You will have to get the equivalent functions from the vendor (i.e. GPIB Write, GPIB Read) and use them. Open the pc, determine the vendor, and contact them. If the vendor has a VISA driver, you can install that and use the LV VISA functions.
Message 2 of 3
(3,102 Views)
Hi Dennis...thanks for that. I've downloaded specific support files for my board so should be able to get some part up and running. The board is from Capital equipment if anyone is interested.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,102 Views)