From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid ID query

Equipment: Agilent 54615B O-Scope, HP 54503A O-Scope

Problem: When using the E5810 LAN/GPIB Gateway to access the o-scopes through LABView VIs, they don't respond well to the ID query. Although when directly talking to the devices using the web-enabled interface, i can query the instruments and send them instructions manually; however, using the VI supplied by the development zone for the agilent 546xx series o-scopes, neither will respond. I might see why the HP Scope wouldn't cooperate (although they speak the same language), it's hard to imagine why the Agilent O-scope won't work, especially when a similar scope, the 54622D works well with all of the supplied VIs. Can anyone provide insight on how to handle the Invalid ID query or at least get around it?

Thanks,
Odene
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,309 Views)
Equipment: Agilent 34970A and E5810 LAN/GPIB Gateway

Hello I have nearly the same problem. I want to use the E5810A to control a mutlimeter (34970A). I can do it with Agilent IO control but i can't cummunicate with this gateway with Labview (where and how to send the commands??). Have you found the solution?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,254 Views)
So can you talk to the instrument without using the E5810 Gateway? What about connect the PC directly to E5810? Are those two connections work?

I think we need to make sure whetherf the problem is caused by using the E5810 or by the network connections.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,234 Views)
Now it works! it was just a problem of VISA adress. So for anybody who wants to use this gateway you have to use the Visa fuction Write, Read... at the adress
TCPIPx::adress IP of the E5810::gpibx,y::INSTR

where x are usualy 0 and y the adresse of the instrument you want to control.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,222 Views)