Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrumentation problem

Hi
I have a question that doesn't relate to NI product that much, but I'm sure a lot of you work with instrumentation. I was wondering where you post instrumentation questions.

Just in case u have an answer to my question, I am using Newport ESP6000 Motion controller. My problem is I sometimes do (sometimes don't) get the error when I use a function esp_open_system(). I wonder if anyone has experienced this before so that I can guess what's wrong with mine.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,725 Views)
Intermittent problems are always the hardest to debug. To troubleshoot intermittent problems I always try to simplify my code as much as possible where I can still occasionally get the symptom and then begin analyzing what might be going on. It's can be a long process, but it generally narrows things down faster than looking at the whole code all together.

I am not sure what might be causing the problem with your Newport ESP6000 Motion controller. Your best bet would probably be to contact Newport to see if they have come across the problem before.

Good luck with your project!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,708 Views)