Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument driver for Agilent E5061A network analyzer

Is there a instrument driver for the Agilent E5061A network analyzer ? I couldn't find one neither on NIs Instrument Driver Network nor on Agilents site.
We are using Labwindows/CVI as development system.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,376 Views)
I guess that you have a possibility to use the Agilent 8712/8714 network analyzer driver. Look at this link for know-how:

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5989-0196EN.pdf
"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living..." - Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,375 Views)
Well, I fear I can't use that driver without modifying it. A quick look into the Excel compare sheet provided by Agilent shows that there are quite a few commands with differences. According to Agilent only 51 of over 400 SCPI commands are completely compatible. At least I expect to have to modify the device identification checks. And Agilents 8712 driver seems to be written in C++, so there is no chance to use Labwindows/CVI to modify it without complete rewrite into C.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,375 Views)
The Agilents' 8712 driver has been written in NI LabWindows/CVI. At least I expect to have to modify
Agilents 8712 driver - that's easy way that create new one.
"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living..." - Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,375 Views)
Are we talking about the same driver ?
The driver here comes as selfextracting hp871x.exe and the readme.txt file describes it as:
HP 871x Network Analyzer Universal Instrument Driver (UID)
Driver Revision A.01.00
October 23, 1998

And the sourcecode is a file called hp871x.cpp, which seems to contain at least one C++ spezific construct: References to thisPtr. An the comments in it talk about HPs and Microsofts C Compiler but not about Labwindows/CVI.
If you have another driver, would you please give me an URL for downloading it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,375 Views)
Yes we are talking about the same driver, but i dont know why hp871x.c file was removed. However, hp871x.h and hp871x.fp are included.

Anyhow, look this comment into hp871x.cpp file:
In addition, if WIN32 is defined, _CVI_ may also be defined to indicate that the program is being compiled under LabWindows CVI.....

I guess it is not so hard to modify this source code (from hp871x.cpp to hp871x.c). Sorry for disturb you!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,375 Views)
Hi Markus,

Even I need drivers for E5061A, please let me know the solution you finally adopted at your end.

Thanks,
Harpreet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,215 Views)