NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Instrument Driver of LabView

I cannot find the drivers of the following instruments for LabView on NI's site,
ADVANTESTSmiley Very Happy3286/D3186/R6142/
Are there any recommended websites that you can recommend to me?
Active Participant

Re: Instrument Driver of LabView

There are a few options for you to try:

1. Contact the instrument manufacturer to check if they provide LabVIEW drivers for their instruments. If Agilent has VXIplug&play drivers for these instruments, you can then use the "LabVIEW Interface Generator for LabWindows/CVI Instrument Drivers" tool to import the VXIp&p driver into LabVIEW. Please refer to for more information about this tool.

1. Post your question on Info-labview:

2. Use Instrument I/O Assistant in LabVIEW

to communicate with message-based instruments and graphically parse the response. For example you can communicate with an instrument that uses a serial, Ethernet, or GPIB interface. Refer to the Instrument I/O Assistant Help for more information about communicating with an instrument.:

3. If you have access to any documentation containing the command set for the instrument, you can try to develop a driver yourself (

4. Contact our Alliance Member. Many of our Alliance members have extensive instrument driver development expertise. For a listing of our Alliance Members, go to: