Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of AT-GPIB/TNT(PnP) blocks my network adapter

When I install AT-GPIB/TNT(PnP) (Windows 2000) wy network adapter seems to be working but I have not transfer of packages so I my Inernet Explorer doesn't open. I 've noticed no conflicts.
I tried different slots for my PCI cards but the problem remains.
I would be greatfull if you could help me.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,030 Views)
thanserwood,

So if I understand correctly, you are losing your ethernet connection when you plug in your AT-GPIB/TNT board? What type of system are you running (CPU, RAM, Service packs). Also what version of NI-488.2 do you have installed?

Craig H.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,019 Views)
My system:
celeron 500-128 RAM-LabVIEW 6.1

OS:Windows 2000-GPIB card blocked my Ethernet card (Realtek). I decided to change my Ethernet card so I chose Intel
chipset. In that case both cards worked together but my system became very slow and some vi's could not be opened by LabVIEW. Furthermore, in some cases after restarting my machine, Ethernet card seemed without driver(even though it worked properly few minutes before) in device manager.

I decided to change my OS and formated my disk and installed Win Me. In this case both cards worked properly, my system resonse was fast BUT MAX was not responding when i did scan for instruments. Furthermore after restarting my machine TCP/IP settings had lost.

I know it sounds complicated but i would be greateful if you could advise me to do something to solve this prblm.

Could it be M/B. (I don't remember the type-it is very old)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,013 Views)