Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI Configuration with PXI-4110 in TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

Set-Up:

PXI-1033 connected through MXI to a PC running Windows 7. LabVIEW 2014. TestStand 2014 (32-bit). PXI-4110 Power Supply and PXI-4070 DMM.

In MAX I can open both soft panels and control both units and they work great.  In LabVIEW I can control both cards as well. 

In MAX I have set up a driver and logical name for my DMM. This unit works great within TestStand using an IVI DMM step.

I then proceeded to setup the 4110 in MAX with an IVI driver and logical name. Here are my settings:

Name: ni4410_PS

Hardware: Added hardware asset and select the PS. This one is checked, no other assets are checked.

Software Module: NI-DCPower, 4110 is listed as a device that is supported.

Virtual Names: This is where I am confused, Under physical name there are four options that come up (0, 1, 2, and 3). This power supply only has 3 outputs so I am unsure why four come up. I have made 4 virtual names, one for each of the options. I named them ch0, ch1, ch2, and ch3 respectively.

When I put an IVI Power Supply step in TestStand everything seems to be working. I open the configuration window and set my values for each channel. If I try to validate the setup by unchecking simulate and click on init I do not get an error.  As soon as I clic on 'Configure' or 'Show Soft Front Panel' I get the following error:

"The IVI Configure operation failed for lgical name 'NI PS 1'. Details: Extention capability not supported by instrument driver. (Base) (-30717)"

Any information would be appreciated.  I tried playing with it for a couple hours yesterday and had a couple co workers try to help.  We are all under the assumption that this should be working.  

Thank You!!

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jesserzamora

Hi jesserzamora,

Have you seen this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/331F2717DBCD1F858625758200745773?OpenDocument

It discusses a similar failure with the IVI Power Supply step in TestStand. 

Julia P.
Message 2 of 3
(4,538 Views)

Thanks so much.  I hadn't seen this article. This helped me solve my problem. 

Jesse

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,534 Views)