Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI Compliance Package 2.1 and Switch Exec

The README for the IVI Compliance Package 2.1 lists the following as a known incompatibility:

- NI Switch Executive version 1.0 is not compatible with IVI Compliance Package 2.1. If you use NI Switch Executive version 2.1, you should not upgrade to IVI Compliance Package 2.1.

Does anybody know how exactly this effects NI Switch Executive Version 2.1. And what about version 2.0 of Switch Executive?

Also, I would like to know if drivers developed using IVI Compliance Package 2.1 would continue to work on IVI Compliance Package 2.0.

Thank You.
Message 1 of 5
(3,771 Views)
Hello Gopinath,

The second sentence in this statement should actually be: "If you use NI Switch Executive version 1.0, you should not upgrade to IVI Compliance Package 2.1." This is a bug in the Readme file. The IVI Switch Executive version 2.0 works well with the IVI Compliance Package (ICP) 2.x. Also, drivers developed using ICP 2.1 will work with ICP 2.0.

Best Regards,

Vesna Jadric
Instrument Drivers/IVI
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,771 Views)
One clarification: The NI Switch Executive 2.0 actually does exist. The latest released version of the NI Switch Executive is 1.0.2 and this version also works with the IVI Compliance Package 2.x.

Sorry for the confusion.
Vesna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,771 Views)
Vesna,

I guess you meant: "The NI Switch Executive 2.0 actually does NOT exist". I have a few more queries:

1) Is Version 1.0.1 of NI Switch Executive compatible with IVI Compliance Package 2.1?

2) Will IVI switch drivers developed using IVI Compliance Package 2.1 and Measurement Studio 6.0 work with Version 1.0.2 of NI Switch Executive?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,771 Views)
You are correct, I meant to say: "The NI Switch Executive 2.0 actually does NOT exist".

1. The NI Switch Executive version 1.0.1 is compatible with IVI Compliance Package 2.1.

2. The IVI switch driver developed using ICP 2.1 and CVI 6.0 will work with NI Switch Executive 1.0.2.

Note: You should download and install the latest version of IVI driver templates:
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/F6EA855441DB50AC86256DC20050EAD9?opendocument&node=132060_US

On your system, the template files should be located in \Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudio\CVI\wizard\ividrvr.

Regards,
Vesna
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,771 Views)