Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Internal Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm quite new at this, and not very familiar with this software, so pardon my ignorance if I'm asking a silly question. I'm using the Measurement and Automation Explorer (NI-MAX) software to communicate with a ccd camera (Basler avA2300) and until recently, could communicate with the camera fine. However, upon trying to Snap or Grab, I abruptly began to receive an error message from IMAQdx (version 14.5.0) with code 0xBFF69001 "Internal Error", and probing the forum hasn't pulled up a solution.

I can still see the camera in the configuration tree under "NI-IMAQdx Devices" when I connect it, but I can't record anything.

So far I've tried rebooting everything, changing cables, deleting the .xml, .icd, and .iid files, and none of this has helped. Same error.

Anyone experience this before? Any help would be much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,546 Views)

Hi afrantz,

This sounds a lot like the evaluation licence associated with the vision software has expired. 

You can check this by opening up NI License Manager and looking at the activation status of both Vision Acquisition Software and (if you have it installed) the Vision Development Module (See 1.png).

If the color box next to the software is any other color than dark green, chances are you'll need to activate the software.  For more information on what those color boxes indicate about the software's activation status, navigate (still using NI License Manager) to Help > Contents.  After that, click through the tree as shown in 2.png.

If that isn't the issue, let us know and we can do some more investigating - but the fact that things were working and then stopped working sounds a lot like an evaluation licensed expired on you.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,511 Views)

Thanks for the quick response! It looks like it was listed as "activation expiring" (half-yellow square), and I reactivated (green square now).

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error when I try to snap/grab. Any other info you'd need from it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,499 Views)

Hi afrantz,

Just to cover our bases, did you close out of any NI software after you activated the software?  If you did, try restarting your PC to be on the safe side. 

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the next steps might be.  I think I would suggest opening up a service request with us at that point - being able to troubleshoot this over the phone will likely be more efficient than on a forum.  

If you do create a service request, I would ask that you come back to this post to let the community know what actions were required to resolve the issue once the issue is resolved.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,495 Views)

Yeah, I had restarted just to be safe. Looks like I'll have to set up a service request after all...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author afrantz532

Fixed the error. Needed to update the drivers to August 2016 revision of Vision Acquisition software. Computer was unable to do so due to errors that were fixed by updating to the newest version of Windows 7.

Message 6 of 9
(4,468 Views)

I have a similar issue and did try all suggestions I found here, but does not work for me. How can I create a request? Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,587 Views)

@gcojoc wrote:

I have a similar issue and did try all suggestions I found here, but does not work for me. How can I create a request? Many thanks

Try one of the links here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,584 Views)

I'm asked for a service contract, but I'm not aware of having one. I have a university license, so ...?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,558 Views)