Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*IDN? no identification

When starting HP SPpec Analyzer's identification I get primary address without any information of the instrument type. In second case with HP oscilloskope I don't get even that, only message on the skope No listeners-transmission aborted.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,120 Views)
For the Spectrum Analyzer, try an "ID?" query instead. I'm not sure what is going on with the oscilloscope. Does it have to be manually put in remote mode?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,120 Views)
Always check the instrument's user manual to see if a command is valid and what other settings may be required. (ie EOI or EOS)

Try using IBIC to communicate.

From your post, it sounds like the scope is displaying an error message. Is that correct? Or is it your computer that is getting the error message?

If your computer is getting the error message then your instrument may not be in remote mode (and you may need to call ibsre, or set the instrument to remote manually.)

If the instrument is displaying the error message, that indicates the HP scope may be malfunctioning (since the HP Spec Analyzer send messages to your GPIB card, but the scope cannot)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,120 Views)