Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2c SMbus for TI EV 2400 interface board

@fabbro12 wrote:

You need precise information on the functions in HID.dll that comes with Windows that need to be called

--> Sorry, what is "precise information on the functions"?

--> Should I open and modifiy the HID.dll file adding the description of my function?

I am a quiet extensive labview user (I have been using it since 8 years now) but outside that, I have not a clear idea of informatics and computer architecture, sorry!

You don't know how to Google?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8FD4C1DC8E80637E862572EF00784338

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,343 Views)
You certainly can't modify a dll - especially not a Windows component.

From ti, you should get a list of the functions in the hid.dll that need to be called. With the function list, there will be a list of parameters. The parameters will require a specific set of values.

This task really requires some basic understanding of what a dll is, how it's called, how you get values back from one, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,339 Views)

I wrote to TI and I asked a list of the functions to call in the HID.dll library and the parameters to set in order to control the board. I am trying now to get information about the dll libraries...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,335 Views)

Well, TI does not provide information on how to interact with HID.dll library, and just recommend to use their own software to control the board, and that's all. I figure out this is a difficult task which maybe does not worth to investi time anymore. LabView is maybe not the correct tool to control this device. I have to spend one week or more struggling with that to get something....

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,331 Views)

...just to close the topic, we decided to get the NI USB 8451.... the easiest solution is always the best 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,327 Views)