Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to communicate to a Rosemount 1151 transmitter using the Hart protocol with serial port

I have a serial port link that we use with Pro-Link software to configure Micro-Motion flow meters. Is it possible to utilize this connection with the Rosemount transmitter and configure the device?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Randall

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,007 Views)

Hello,

Can you give me further information on your application?  What kind of Pro-link software do you have?  What type of Micro-Motion flowmeters?  Are you trying to use the 

HART Communicator 275?  What type of National Instruments products do you have, if any?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,986 Views)

LabVIEW version 4.0 - 8.6 but this application would best be LV 7.x for now. I have a VIATOR RS232 interface for HART from MACTek Corporation. We use this interface with Micromotion's ProLinkII software to configure and calibrate the F series Micromotion flow meters.

I basically want to utilize the HART interface to scale and configure the ROSEMOUNT transmitter. I do not have the HART Communicator 275. I will not be using this for acquisition but rather read the mA sig with the SCXI equipment on a 1102 module.

Thanks for responding.

Randall

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,977 Views)

Randall,

I've read through the documentation for all the devices mentioned, and I see no problem with using the Pro-Link software to configure the Rosemount 1151 transmitter. Both deices use the HART protocol. However, I see that in the Pro-Link manual, they have a Viator RS-232 converter cable that you might need. The Viator RS-232 to Bell 202 HART Converter with the tester and the cables. I do not know if this is absolutely required, but it wouldn't hurt to check. 

I hope this helps

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,950 Views)