Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated to VISA 3.0.1 with patch and now I don't get interrupts, any ideas?

I have been experiencing the intermittent re-boot problem with PCI interrupts. I discovered the VISA update and patch. I installed them and now my application no longer responds to the interrupts. I am using the VISA Wait On Event (LV 7.0) which used to indicate an interrupt had occurred. This was working (except for the intermittent re-boot) fine until the update. I used the Driver Wizard to create the inf file. We have several interrupts that we are handling. I do not like the lack of capability in the wizard, but as I said it had been functioning.

Do I need to rebuild the driver files?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,940 Views)
Well, I hate to suggest you upgrade yet again, but I do know that we fixed at least 1 more interrupt-related bug in PXI/PCI in NI-VISA 3.1, now available at www.ni.com/downloads

To be honest, though, most of the bugs I was aware of were related to problems enabling the event or leaking memory when you enabled/disabled events. In other words, once that succeeded, I can't recall an issue with actually receiving interrupt events.

If you built your INF files with a version of NI-VISA older than 3.0, then I do suggest creating new INF files with the VISA Driver Development Wizard. But if you built them with NI-VISA 3.0.x, then there should be no need to rebuild them just for that patch (or for that matter, even if you upgrade to NI-VISA 3.1).

I hope thi
s helps.

Dan Mondrik
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,940 Views)