Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a data sheet and a certificate of Volatility for GPIB-ENET, Ethernet IEEE 488 Controller (776933-21)

I need to find the data sheet for 776933-21 GPIB-ENET Ethernet IEEE 488 Controller.  I realize this is a end of life product but hoping one can be dug up somewhere.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,921 Views)

It looks like this product has become obsolete, and I am therefore having trouble finding any documentation that we have archived. I will continue to ask around in order to see if we can get our hands on it.

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,883 Views)

Hi Rick_Boeing,

Unfortunately, after thoroughly searching through our internal databases, I have been unable to find a Letter of Volatility for this product, and there is no evidence that one ever existed. Was there any reason in particular why you were looking for one?

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,835 Views)

Our customer the US Navy is asking us to update all documentation concerning all electrical components currently in use on the program.  The GPIB-ENET was one of them.  I am thinking that this item most likely does not contain any memory, just a WAG, but I would have to disassemble one, not an option, to find out for sure.  So that is why I was asking in this forum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,812 Views)

Hi Rick_Boeing,

We are doing what we can on our end to get you this information. I will say that we may be able to get you this information faster if you do not need the official Letter of Volatility and can work with a quick confirmation of the presence and size of memory onboard the device.

In any case, this process will take some time because this product was EOL'd roughly fifteen years ago.

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,783 Views)

Informal will do, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,696 Views)

Hello Rick_Boeing,

I just wanted to update you and let you know that we are still searching for the documentation you are looking for. We will hopefully have an update for you within the next week. Thank you for your patience. 

Thank you

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,683 Views)

Thanks for your effort,

Rick Ludwinski

The Boeing Company

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,680 Views)

Hello Rick,

After looking into this issue more in depth, we have been able to find the following informal information. It is important to note that this information is not an official document.If you need an official document, please let us know; we will most likely be able to provide you with one, but it may take an additional week or two in order to get it.

Purpose Type Size Sanitization Procedure
Device Configuration DRAM 512 KB Cycle Power
Ethernet Controller FIFO 16 Bytes Cycle Power
Device Configuration Flash 32768 Bytes None
Device Configuration EEPROM 256 Bytes None
Device Configuration GAL 8010 Bits None

Note:

• None of the memory elements are user accessible.
  • No elements are backed up by a battery.
  • With the exception of the GAL, all elements are system accessible. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or need additional information.

Thank you,

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,633 Views)

Gabby,

Thank you, I think this will do, but you never know when dealing with the Gov, if not I will get back in touch.

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated,

Rick Ludwinski

The Boeing Company

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,630 Views)