Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using the serial port (COM1) to get 4 signals by using micro controller 16F88.

As I mentioned I'm using a data aquisition board which converts 4 analogic signal into digital. I'm using PIC16F88 programmed to send 1byte by channel. Of course, a mx 232 converts TTL. Data is sent to laptop in a frame of 4 bytes, after PIC receives a staring byte from LabView. I want watch signals in a 4 channel chart (one measurement each channel). First of all, I tried watching only one signal by connecting only one sensor to my board, the problem is that part of the measurement is showed in the first channel, part on the second and so on. I will appreciate if somebody could help me with this issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,701 Views)
Can you attach a snippet? I'm posting from my phone.

Can you read the data with another program such as Putty or MAX. From your description, your while loop should only have a VISA Write, a VISA Read, and a String to Byte Array.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,676 Views)

@Rodo67 wrote:

I will appreciate if somebody could help me with this issue. Thanks

Impossible to help without seeing your code...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,669 Views)