Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't undertsand :Error -1073807342

I have download the driver instrument for hp8110a and it send me:
"The error -1073807342 occurred with hp8110a Initialize "

"Error -1073807342 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0012) Invalid resource reference specified. Parsing error."

what it means? please answer me in english or in french, but answer me.

thank you
"We are the knight who said "NI" !"
Monthy Python, sacré graal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,969 Views)
Check to see if the VISA Resource Name on the VI that you're calling matches the actual address of the instrument. The default of GPIB::10 may be different than what the instrument is set to. You can go into MAX, right click on the GPIB board and select scan for instruments. This will list all instruments found and their addresses. On the VI, you can click the little arrow on the right side of the control and change the resource name to any that are found.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,969 Views)
I have make you said but the adress is good.
I don't know if the channel is good, how can I known that?
And it said now:
"VISA Open in HP81110A Initialize.vi->HP81110A Getting Started.vi"
thank you
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,969 Views)
When I try the apllication example, everything is good, but with getting started the visa is bad. what's it means?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,969 Views)
The only difference is that the getting started calls the initialize function. Does the initialize return an error? If so, what is it? What version of LabVIEW and VISA are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,969 Views)
Yes the initialise return en error, this Error : -1073807342, and I use Labview 7.1 and I am not sure but I think I use VISA32. It is good?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,969 Views)
If you installed the version of VISA that comes with 7.1, then you've got a current version. What I would suggest is running the initialize VI with various combinations of the inputs ID Query and Reset On and Off. That would help to isolate the problem. If you still get an error with both set to false, then the error is coming from the VISA Open. I don't know why you would get an error from VISA Open and the other example would work. With current versions of VISA, you don't have to call VISA Open. A VISA session will be automatically created so you don't have to explicitly do it. Let me know what you find.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,969 Views)
The error in the Initialize box come from the bundle in the structure case True/False "Query Instrument ID". It send :
"Error -1074003951 occurred at HP81110A Initialize

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0xBFFC0011) Identification query failed. "
and when I change the green constant True/False at the bundle in false, there is no error. It is normal?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,969 Views)
It's not normal but it's not all that unusual. The query instrument ID issues an *IDN? query to the instrument. The VI is expecting the string "HP81110A" back. It's possible that, for whatever reason, your instrument is returning something slightly different. You can probe the output of the VISA read being done in the instrument query case and see what is actually being returned. I often skip the query anyway because I usually don't care. I seldom have problems with the wrong instrument being in a system.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,969 Views)
Now it is Ok!
I have change the constant :true/false inside ce box

thanks !!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,969 Views)