Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't recreate a TCP/IP Resource Interface. Is there a fix?

I created a raw TCP/IP interface with an alias. Then I deleted from the Devices and Interface tab and clear the alias from the alias editor. But, the resource still appears in the alias editor list and I can't recreate this interface under My System in MAX. I intent to use this TCP/IP resource from a remote client. First I need to add this back in MAX so that I could use it from a remote client. I understand this is a known bug. Is there a fix for this bug that I haven't found yet?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,185 Views)
If you already have created the resource and it will not let you recreate the resource, locate the visaconf.ini file (usually in C:\VXIpnp) and delete it, do NOT delete the visaconf.dll. Start up MAX again and you should be able to recreate it. What version of MAX are you using?

Hope this helps.

Russell G.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,185 Views)
MAX version is 3.0.1. I think this is the latest. Is there a higher version out there?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,185 Views)
I have got the same problem. It is right that it is possible to delete wrong resource from visaconf.ini but it seems to me that NI has to offer a simple solution.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,185 Views)