Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using Labview to control a lakeshore temperature controller with serial port but give visa read error what can I do exactly

I am using Labview to control a lakeshore temperature controller with serial port but it gives visa read error what can I do exactly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,767 Views)
What is the error number? Have you communicated to the instrument using Hyperterminal? There's a lot of potential problems with serial communication. It could be wrong baud rate, data bits, flow control, parity, cable, termination characters, etc. There is a wealth of information available here on serial communication including app notes, tutorials, and example code. Post back here with more details and even a sample of your code.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,767 Views)
There are also some Lakeshore drivers available Keyword Search: Lake Shore Cryotronics. If your's is listed, download the driver and try that.

Message Edited by Molly K on 02-18-2005 11:14 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,768 Views)
thank you very much but my temprature controler 340 but there are gbip driver. I must take with serial port.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,767 Views)
The driver iuses VISA. That means that you can use it with serial or gpib. Thre might be some small modifications required if the developer didn't anticipate serial but those are usually minor (like comm port settings and termination character). I use an HP34970A driver that accomodates both if you want to look at an example.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,767 Views)