Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for an oscilloscope with a Labview 7.2 version GPIB driver.

Any suggestions for a relatively low cost oscilloscope with a Labview 7.2 compatible driver?  Interface is probably going to be GPIB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,069 Views)
Really not enough information. What is relatively low cost? How many channels? What sample rate?

There is no such thing as LabVIEW 7.2 and while the availability of a driver is one consideration, don't let the lack of one be a deal breaker in choosing the best instrument that fits your needs. A driver can always be written. It is not that difficult.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,068 Views)

thanksfor reply.  2 channel is fine.  1 GS/s sampling rate is adequate as is 50 MHz bandwidth.  I'm trying to stay under $2000.  LV version 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,061 Views)
What about the TBS1000 line from Tek?

Drivers are available but not for your very old version. You would have to have a driver down converted. The link to that is at the top of the page.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,056 Views)

I am also a fan of the TDS lineup by Tektronix.  Again, the drivers will likely need downconverted for you.  But if you are making a new system, I would highly recommend updating your version of LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,051 Views)

thank you both.  I think I have enough to go on.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,046 Views)
To be fair, Agilent, Fluke, Keithley should be looked at as well.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,041 Views)