From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I WANT VI (SOURCE CODE) OF MY EXE FILE (ATTACHED).

EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THIS EXE FILE, IT GIVES AN ERROR AND CLOSES.THE SAME FILE WORKS IN ONE COMPUTER PROPERLY WITH SAME OS AND DOESN'T WORK IN ANY OTHER COMPUTER.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Once a VI is converted to an executable the LabVIEW block diagram is ripped out of it. I'm sorry, but I don't know of anyway to get it back from an executable to a VI. It be like trying to take an executable back to C code. I would suggest you talk to the original person who created the executable. Perhaps you can tell us what error codes you are getting and we might be able to help you trouble shoot the system.

-Josh
Message 2 of 7
(3,629 Views)
JoshuaP is absolutely right. The error could be due to many reasons. The error code is the number that appears in the error prompt. Please let us know not only what the error code is, but also what you program does and we will suggest some solutions to you.
Regards,

Serges Lemo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,629 Views)
My Program outputs current through DAQ depending upon the range of the values entered(typically 0-800mA).It reads flowmeter readings through a serial port and plots it on a graph of current v/s flow.It then saves all the data including the graph,tester's name,date,etc to a file and also prints it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Hi LabVIEW Technician,

Did the program ever work? If yes, what are the changes that were made? In addition, can you get the source code?

Serges Lemo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Yes,my same program works fine in one computer.Infact the same program worked on this computer also initially after copy-paste but somehow it stopped working over here.I tried installing fresh copies of labview in many computers and tried using that exe file but it doesn't work.I have not made any changes to the program as i dont have the vi anymore.I just have the exe file.The error that I'm getting is attached as a picture.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,629 Views)
LabVIEW Technician,

I am guessing that there must have been a change either in your system or your hardware configuration that caused the program not to work anymore. The only way for me to help you further would be to either know what changed, or have the original VI from which the exe file was made.

Serges Lemo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,629 Views)