Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp 33120A initialize .vi file

Hi  All

I am using a HP 33120A wave generator to run my vibrator. the vibrator is running well without lab view program, now when I try to control wave form generator using lab view program it gives some jurk sound if I use initialise .vi function, but when I initialise first and then use the same program the vibrator is running fine. 

Can anyone tell me , whats the problem with this function.

Thanks and Regards

Ashish 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,850 Views)

I don't have installed this particular drivers VIs, but as far as I know, usually such instrument drivers VIs have input "Reset" for initialization VI. And by default, this input is set up to True. So, when you init device communication, the device is reseted first. Maybe, you have the same - so that's why in the beginning you hear some strange sound, and afterwards it's running fine?

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,830 Views)

I Tried all the options with initialize.vi of HP33120A , if always go for 50mvdc and 1000 khz frequency for some milisec before getting my input value, this limit can harm my vibrator. Is there any way in labview program, without using initialize.vi subVI I can give access of HP33120A to my labview program on remote. 

Or else to remove sub scenario from the output signal of the waveform , What we need to do ?

Awaiting for the reply

Thanks and Regards

Ashish 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,815 Views)

Obviously the instrument starts with its "Default State" until you programm its settings. And that takes a few millisecs. As described in the intruments users guide (http://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/6C0633120A_USERSGUIDE_ENGLISH.pdf) on Page 109 you should be able to programm the instruments Power-Down Recall Mode to use the state at power down instead. 

If that doesn't help and you avoid  to send the *RST command ( Check that by using NI IO-Trace)  I fear that you can't fulfill your requirements with this instrument

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Hi 

I have checked with both power on and power down conditions, it is taking huge values in between while transfering the control to lab view program via initialize .vi. 

Is there any other way I can give control to lab view program without using initialise .vi function in my lab view program. ? Or else

Is there anyway to stop reaching this random value at the output port of wave generator so that it cant feed into input of vibrator ?

Thanks and Regards

Ashish Garg  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,788 Views)