From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ni4882.dll functions in Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to implement ni4882.dll in my Visual Basic application (using Visual Studio Express 2013).

I've downloaded NI4882_140.exe to get some examples but I'm not sure the files are the right ones.

In the readMe file of the code examples, it is said to add to the project the following files :

- NIGLOBAL.BAS

- VBIB-32.BAS

but in VBIB-32.BAS, I can see references to Gpib-32.dll whereas I would like to use ni4882.dll to have an application running on 64-bit and I have errors when compiling the project (statement expected for the first line of niglobal.bas.....)

Could you please tell me how I can use ni4882.dll functions instead of Gpib-32.dll functions ?

Is there an update of NIGLOBAL.BAS and VBIB-32.BAS I should rather use ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,436 Views)

@krault wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to implement ni4882.dll in my Visual Basic application (using Visual Studio Express 2013).

I've downloaded NI4882_140.exe to get some examples but I'm not sure the files are the right ones.

In the readMe file of the code examples, it is said to add to the project the following files :

- NIGLOBAL.BAS

- VBIB-32.BAS

but in VBIB-32.BAS, I can see references to Gpib-32.dll whereas I would like to use ni4882.dll to have an application running on 64-bit and I have errors when compiling the project (statement expected for the first line of niglobal.bas.....)

Could you please tell me how I can use ni4882.dll functions instead of Gpib-32.dll functions ?

Is there an update of NIGLOBAL.BAS and VBIB-32.BAS I should rather use ?

Thank you.

I am not sure that NI-488,2 provides support for .NET 4.5

I have Visual Basic Express 2010 (.NET 4.0) and during the install of NI-488.2, it detected that I had the software and installed example programs at

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-488.2\Examples

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,425 Views)