Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use PXI-8430/8 for simultaneous communication

Hello,

NI PCIe-8430/8 support independent serial communication on each of its 8 ports,

which means it can perform simultaneous communication, and here the problem I encountered.

Can you help me to figure out why I cannot perform simultaneous communication?

My code can perform simultaneous communication using onboard RS232.

Below is the screenshot

Note: I only use one sub vi and set the VI property execution reentrancy to pre allocated clone reentrancy execution, each clone sub VI have difference port setting.

What other parameter need to set so the NI card will work simultaneous?

cc.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,381 Views)

Hi Spyruspy,

Have you confirmed that you can communicate on one port at a time?

Are you receiving some type of resource error when trying to use all 8 ports?

What cabling are you using between the device you're communicating with and the 8430/8?

Andrew B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,346 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Have you confirmed that you can communicate on one port at a time? yes already confirm,i can communicate on one port at a time.

Are you receiving some type of resource error when trying to use all 8 ports? with my code structure above,there is resource error.

What cabling are you using between the device you're communicating with and the 8430/8? rs232 male to female cable sir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,327 Views)

Hello,

here is my LV code,please open the System UUT Setup.vi,this structure is working in using the on board rs232 of industrial PC.

i note that there is difference between FIFO settings...i also try to change the settings,but still i cannot communicate in parallel

use of port..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,325 Views)

Hi,

Firstly I would check the configuration file is being read correctly (your zip file does not include this) and the serial ports returned are valid for your system.

Do you have the actual error code/message reported for each position?

In your code you open each port and perform read/write communications but the port is never closed. Do you have any other instances of this LabVIEW code running that may have already opened the ports and not released to references?

Steve Swindley (CLA since Feb 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,290 Views)

Hi Sir,

First of all thanks for your reply, please see attached file,

Do you have the actual error code/message reported for each position? i don't have the screenshot as of now,because im home already.

i was reading your post at

http://swinders.co.uk/multi-threaded-labview-execution/

Do you have full sample LV code on how to communicate in serial port with multi tread /simultaneous/each port is functioning at the same time..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,284 Views)

Hi Spyruspy,

Have you been able to get the screenshot of the error message?

Also, did you write all of the code yourself, or did you get this from somewhere else?

Thanks

Andrew B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,216 Views)