From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the serial number of PXI Module in my C/C++ program.

I am using PXI NI-FGEN controlling it by my C/C++ program. I would like to read the serial number of the hardware. Are there any methods to do it ?

Actually I could not find any functions and attributes in the programming manual. So I am posting this as the last chance. For example, it looks possible to me if we can access NI-MAX in my C/C++ program. Because NI-MAX displays the serial number.

Any information would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,826 Views)
It looks like your answer is in the NI-FGEN help file. Go to NI-FGEN -> Documentation -> NI Signal Generators Help
From that help the inforamtion you are looking for is under the following heading:
NI Signal Generators Help
+Programming
+NI-FGEN Help
+C Reference
+Attributes
+Instrument-Specific Attributes
?NIFGEN_ATTR_SERIAL_NUMBER

I hope this is what you're looking for,

Ross Mau
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,815 Views)
Thank you for the information.

I was looking at the document of NIFGEN 2.0 version driver software. In that version, there was no attribute about hardware serial number. So I downloaded the latest one and installed it. Then I could finally see the attribute that I have been looking for as you told me.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,810 Views)