Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install VISA after Labview and NI-DAQ are already installed

I have Labview 5.1.1 and NI-DAQ 6.6 installed and running properly. I now find that I need to install VISA. Must I uninstall everything (hardware, NI-DAQ, and Labview) and then run the Labview installation again to install VISA? Or can I just go ahead and run the Labview setup again in order to install VISA?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,790 Views)
No, you do not need to uninstall any of your hardware or software to install VISA. There are two ways that you can install VISA.

1. You can modify your installation of LabVIEW by going into Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel, clicking on LabVIEW and selecting Modify (or Change, depending on your operating system). If you have your LabVIEW CD in the CD drive, you can simply enable VISA support in the Installer Tree. This will install VISA on your computer without modifying the installation of any of your other programs.

2. You can also download NI-VISA from our website and install it. You will probably need a reasonably fast internet connection, but this may be the easier way to install it. The URL for the VISA download page is linked below. Ve
rsion 3.0.1 is the newest and works with most Windows operating systems.

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0E91?opendocument

Regards,

Mike N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,790 Views)