From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create remote control via RS232 for microbalance

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to do drivers via RS-232(serial line) for microbalance- communication with pc(remote control), i have manual  with serial interface but i don't know how to use it for programming in Labview. Can you help or show me some similar programs? My main problem is how to create start output - line composed of 15 words.

I attached pdf file , main VI and subVI...I know it's wrong subVI, instead of write buffer should be line composed of 15 words according to pdf but I don't know how can i make it.

Thank you for your potential help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,515 Views)

Yes, I didn't find the drivers for this microbalance(kern pej 603-m) there.... I need to create in labview them. Do you think it's too complicated?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,487 Views)
Please look at the driver first. The protocol could be very similar.

No, it does not appear too complicated.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,476 Views)

Ok, I am looking at it...i don't get it this part ....Can you explain me that, please? Why are numbers 2,1,6 there and what is abc character? Thank you, Dennis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,472 Views)
Can you attach an image of the block diagram? I'm posting from my phone and can't look at it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,459 Views)

Okay, up is subVI - calc weigh..i don't understand why is this so good if u can explain to me? Below it's used. I found "manual" -  remote controls for their device. I attached my pdf manual of remote control "remotecontrol" as well - according these parameters need to change it...They have written characters like t,w,s...But in my manual is just hexadecimal codes, how do I use it? Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,453 Views)
It appears that there are differences between your model and the one with the existing driver. I haven't read in detail the manual for model (and it is incomplete) but if you right click on a string control/constant, you can set it to hex display. You can also use a U8 byte array and convert it to a string with the Byte Array to String function. There is a matching String to Byte Array that you would use after a read.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,401 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author safix

This is my weigh VI. I wrote [48-57] in decimal system. I found complete manual, on page number 85 is 0 - 9 (30 H – 39 H)=Data 0 to 9 (max. 6 characters in 6-digit format). Is it correct when i wrote [48-57] there? Can you modify my Weigh VI according my manual for show the output characteristics as shown in the manual for example: i would like to appear at the output signs(+-), weighted value with the units like "Continuous data output stable weighing values" of chapter 14.5 on page 88.  Thank you for helping out.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,392 Views)