Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Px statistics in a DSO LeCroy?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to automate a serie of tests. One of the requirements is to save all the screens with relevant informations. In order to do that, I need to configure P1 to P6 according my needs.

I have already figured out everything that I need (saving the screen, change the trigger, the scales...) but how to change through LabVIEW the Px configurations.

To be the clearest possible, I attached and  highlighted two images. In the first one it's written: "previously configured", what I want to know is exactly how to do that configuration.

NI forum - px parameter.PNG

In the other image, the Pxs parameter are with red circles: how could I enable/disable, choose one among the 4 channels and which information (Amplitude, Frequency...) through LabVIEW?

NI forum - px parameter 2.PNG

Thanks

PS: I'm using LabVIEW 2015 and a LeCroy WaveRunner of the 6000 series, connection through TCP/IP

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tiago7

Hello Tiago,

For custom parameters, you will need to use the PACU command to set them up, then you can use the query to get results.

The driver can setup the basic ones that all the scopes have, but there are a lot of parameters that can be added or are not available on all on scopes.  For those, you will need to use the PACU command.

The quick way to find the settings for the command (a good trick for any settings) is to set them up on the scope manually and then send PACU?: CUSTx  (where x = the the parameter, i.e. CUST3 for P3).

Then read back the response.  The scope will show you the settings you would send to it to setup the same measurement.

The commands etc. can be found in the remote control and automation documentation for the scope.

Here is a link to an FAQ that has further links for documentation etc. that will help get you going:  Remote Control and Automation commands

Regards,

Leonard Brown
Applications Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,675 Views)

Thank you, Leonard!

With your indications I could do exactly what I wanted. The VI that I've just created is attached and its screenshot.

Tiago

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,658 Views)