From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure 3rd Party GPIB Device and communicate Using VISA

I have a 3rd Party CPCI-GPIB(measurement computing card)and want to communicate through LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,570 Views)
Ax,

The Measurement Computing web site talks a bit about LabVIEW compatibility. I am assuming that when you install the driver for your GPIB board that it might also install a set of VIs that you can use with your board in LabVIEW. Either that, or they may at least provide some VIs that you can copy into LabVIEW yourself. However, to use VISA you will need a copy that supports your card. NI-VISA has explicit support for NI, HP, and Agilent cards. Though there might be some way to make NI-VISA work, it is possible that Meas. Comp. has their own version of VISA that you can install that will integrate its own VIs into LabVIEW.

Alan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,570 Views)
Thanks for your Reply.
Actually I need to communicate with this GPIB card to hp34970a.I got hp34970a llb, but it needs VISA Resource Name of the GPIB Card.
My cncern is how to get VISA Resource Name for this meas.comp GPIB Card.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,570 Views)
It's working!
Actually I was trying to get VISA resource Name for 3rd Party GPIB Card.
It's not required for VISA resource Name, Simple GPIB communication Vi works fine which requires only GPIB address as input rather than VISA Name.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,570 Views)