Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with Vectron Bonfiglioli Invertor ACT 401-19FA Kw5.5 using Labview6i (RS232 serial communication) to control Motor

Dear Friends,

This topic is already there in this forum, but i didn't get sufficient information so please kindly provide any suggestion for this question.

I want to control 3phase 5.5 KW Motor using  Vectron Bonfiglioli Invertor ACT 401-19FA Kw5.5 from Labview 6i. I am using Rs232 serial communication as interface between PC and Vectron Bonfiglioli Invertor ACT 401-19FA-Kw5.5. I am trying to communicate to a device (Inverter) via serial port rs232. Each command packet send to the device as soon below

Send Request: PC(Labview ) --> Frequency Inverter:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Transmission(EOT)| Address of Selected Frequency Inverter (ADR)| System Node-ID (SYS)| Data Set Number(ds)| Parameter Number(n)|Parameter Number(n)|Parameter Number(n)| Control Character Enquire (ENQ)

The manual for the inverter describes how the command packet should be formatted in hexadecimal, but it also shows corresponding ASCII. In hexadecimal format, a command packet might send might look like:

04|41|30|30|34|38|30|05 (without the "|")

I attached the simple VI which i am using to send the command and and read any response. The problem is that i dont get any response from the inverter. But i am not sure i handled the EOT | ADR | ... correctly.

I have been using Rs232 monitoring software to see what the commands look like . When i send them out through the serial port. The string i am sending is as it shown in commmand manual. So do i need some thing specific in Labview let it know i am sending hex format or Ascii format. I can get the information or any response from the device. but i use the software which is given by the inverter company (VPlus) then i can see the response from invertor. But i dont get when i use LABVIEW 6i. 

Thanks in advance. Looking for reply.

Sathiskumar Jothi

I have used Labview VI's provided in this forum, but no response from VT 7004. in VT 7004 data sheet to communicate with it we need to send ASCII format data which we sent with the Labview VI's. Please give any suggestion how to proceed to communicate with the VT 7004 thermal chamber.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,669 Views)

VISA uses input/oputut strings wich are coded in ASCII standard.

In order to send the correct data you have to use the "flatten to string.VI" function.

For instance if you want to send a natural 32-bit number to the device you have to do the following:

1- Convert the 32-bit number to  a 4-charachters string using flatten to string.VI

2- Send the string to the device

You can find more info about flatten to string.VI and VISAs in LabVIEW Help.

Have a nice work!

MarcoMar

National Instruments Italy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,646 Views)

Hello.

I have same problem to communcate via RS232 to control same Bonfiglioli vectron invertor.

Protocol seems to be standart except for on or two points (EOT and ENQ).

Have you resolved your problem ? And so could you pleas send an working example

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,208 Views)
This is a 5 year old thread and the original poster has not been on the forums since. You should start a new thread with details on what you have done, errors that you get, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,199 Views)

hello

How to communicate with Vectron Bonfiglioli Invertor ACT 400-40c using Bonfiglioli Vectron VPlus software

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,969 Views)
Your question has nothing to do with NI hardware or software and as already noted, it's a very old thread. Ask the vendor about their software and their hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,965 Views)