Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach graph to Visa Read in labview for real time graph

Thanks I didn't find such conversion in Labview.

Please do it for myself I will be thankful to you.

Porgram is attached. Please check it for errors. I don't want terminationa or EOL for my program. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,453 Views)
There is the Scan From String and the entire conversion subpalette. Since I have no idea what string is being returned, you will have to pick the correct function. This is something pretty trivial. You can simply put a string control on the front panel and try them. Please take one of the free LabVIEW tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,447 Views)

Thanks

I have attached complete program. Please check it for errors. And if any error exists please tell me.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,443 Views)

@Haris115 wrote:

Thanks

I have attached complete program. Please check it for errors. And if any error exists please tell me.

ROTFL.

You might as well pay $ to someone to do your work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,439 Views)

Again, since you are using a termination character, you do not need to use the Bytes At Port node.  Just tell the VISA Read to read a very large number of bytes and it will stop the read when the termination character is reached.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,438 Views)

I will not use termination character for my program. I don't need this

Please check my program for errors, missing module or component and tell me about missing components and errors.

Also how to convert the  graph to graph of dbm.

Program is attached please check it

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,432 Views)

Haris115 wrote:

Program is attached please check it

There is no need to keep attaching the same identical program with every response. That's just redundant. Once is enough!

Unless you tell us exactly how the reveived string looks like, we cannot tell if the conversion is correct. As has been said many times: without the use of a termination character, you will most likely get corrupted the data because of frame shifts and such.

If you have such a hard time with all this, maybe programming is not what you should be doing in the first place. This is not a LabVIEW problem, but just common sense. The same logic would apply in any other programming environment.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,424 Views)

Please tell which components are redundant and extra. 

In our requirement, data come at radomly and how can we judge that each and every data for termination letter. How can we find termination letter for huge amount of random data coming at pc.

I don't think termination letter will effect the coming data.

Also tell me how to convert the graph to dbm graph.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,416 Views)

@Haris115 wrote:

Please tell which components are redundant and extra. .

You attached the identical VI here and here (yes, I did a diff and the outcome was blank). As I said, once is enough. (I don't know if the forum has a good deduplication algorithm).

Haris115 wrote:

In our requirement, data come at radomly and how can we judge that each and every data for termination letter. How can we find termination letter for huge amount of random data coming at pc.

If you have a huge amount of random data, not having a termination character just makes things much more difficult or even impossible. (For example if the data is received as 123.4567.899.123.44.67, is the correct data 12, 3.45, 67.899 ... or 1, 23.4, 567.9,  etc.). Use of a termination character is absolutely essential!

Haris115 wrote:

It will affect the correct interpretation of the incoming data, see above. It will also facility correct reading of each valid point, without needing to get the byte count at the port.

@Haris115 wrote:

Also tell me how to convert the graph to dbm graph.

Please spell out acronyms. we are not clairvoyant. You also don't have a graph, you have a chart (big difference!).

Message 19 of 20
(2,404 Views)

@Haris115 wrote:

Please tell which components are redundant and extra.

Posting the exact same VI with each response

Haris115 wrote:

VISA is find the termination character and give you all of the data before it.  It is a way to frame you data to make sure you have ALL of the data.  I does affect your data.  Otherwise you have race conditions.  What happens if you check the serial port in the middle of a transmission?  The port may say it has 3 bytes, but the full message has 5.  You will now be 2 bytes off for every transimission from then on out.  You will notice it if you have 2 items that says 100 and 0 when it should be just one item of 1000.  The termination character will eliminate this if done correctly.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,403 Views)