Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set Digital I/O State of Watlow EZ-Zone RM to "ON" in LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Watlow EZ-Zone RM controller and here is the driver: 

http://www.watlow.com/downloads/en/software/Watlow%20EZ-ZONE(R)%20LabView%20Driver%20a.zip

I have 16 Digital I/O connected to SSR and I need to use them to trigger the SSR.

so here is my question

How to Set Digital I/O State of Watlow EZ-Zone RM to "ON" in LabVIEW?

Which parameter ID that I should use to change the state from Off (62) to On (63)?

First I thought I can write "63" to parameter ID "6007", and it does not work since it is a read only parameter. Is it supposed to be a way that I can just simple change it from Off to On?

Thank you for answering my question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,844 Views)

I can read the state of the output but no able to write it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,841 Views)

Please help, I think it might not be that simple since I cannot set it to "on" directly from EZ-ZONE configuration neither. Please, anyone used the Watlow EZ-Zone RM before (With LabVIEW driver)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,828 Views)

Hi j816y,

Double check your COM port to see if it belongs to the EZ-ZONE RM controller, in addition, if you can't get it to work with the EZ-ZONE Configuration, then it might be a hardware problem. I had trouble finding the user manual which contains the states, can you provide a link to the document? Thanks!

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,803 Views)

Thanks, I just figure it out yesterday and I will post the answer later today, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,797 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author j816y

The DIO cannot be set directly. First a Variable block will need to be set to digital and tied to the DIO block. Then by changing the digital state can be changed from on (63) to off (62).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,782 Views)

Thank you, I just found out yesterday. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,778 Views)

so how exactly did you set the variable block?

mcnearymw
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,726 Views)

Hi mcnearymw,

I might need some clarification on terminology as I don't see anything mentioned in the LabVIEW code about a variable block. Could you give me a more detailed description of how you are trying to implement this setup?

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,703 Views)

I see this is an old thread but I'm confused about using a Watlow RM variable to enable/disable output. I can read/write temperature and setpoints ok. Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,213 Views)