From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How interface N5181A MXG signal generator with labview by using LAN Interface????????????

hai every one ...i have a doubt how  to interface N5181A MXG signal Generator with Labview by using LAN Interface???? and

how to find IP Address of N5181A MXG signal Generator????????

when i connect instrument with labview it shows that no instrument connected and what are the requirements for LAN interfacing with that instruments in labview and please help me?????? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,507 Views)
The lan interface is something you configure on the instrument's panel. You can usually set a fixed ip instead of dhcp so set it to a subnet of a dedicated nic on your pc. You might have to create a new VISA tcp/ip resource in MAX. Be sure you can ping it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,499 Views)

You can set the IP Address on the instrument.  You may need to be in the same subnet of your controlling computer, so you may need to set your computer's IP Address to something static.

Use VISA.  It makes life easier if you decide to use another bus (like GPIB, USB, serial, etc).  In MAX, create a network session with the static IP address you set the instrument to and use that as the VISA Resource.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,487 Views)