Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you continuously send a DMX signal using a flat sequence structure?

I am using a FTDI Basic Breakout 5V [https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716] to convert my LabVIEW serial signal into a DMX signal. The .vi is attached.

I am trying to find a way to be able to continuously send the DMX signal such that, ultimately, I can adjust the values to each channel using the sliders while the .vi is running. I would like to be able to see the changes in the output DMX device in realtime as I adjust the sliders. I would like to do this without having to stop the program, adjust the sliders, and run the program again to see the changes. Thanks in advance for your input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,980 Views)
I can't look at your VI right now but it sounds like you should simply use an event structure with a value change event. A flat sequence structure is rarely appropriate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,975 Views)

Instead of a sequence structure use subvi's with error in/error out and use a while for the repeating part

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,972 Views)

This worked, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,939 Views)

Hi

Do you know if I can use your VI with a ENTTEC DMXUSB PRO, I tried but does not worked....Can you help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,056 Views)

You cannot use a flat sequence like I said three years ago.

You have to send bitstreams when you want to change stuff so you need to send in a while probably and use subroutines (subvi's in LabVIEW) and some controls depending on what you want.

Please open a new thread and specify what you have and what you need to get working.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,051 Views)

Hi Albert.

I really apreciate your coperation

I am student and I have a project for just turn on and off  six RGB lights via DMX using sliders and control on/off of Labview and  in the project I must to use a  ENTTEC MDX USB PRO so, I was checking and found your VI, I connect but does not worked. Can you send me please the modificacions that you made to the original VI? or help me for the VI works.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,050 Views)

I did not write that vi but a bunch of other light control stuff.

I'll try to dig up what I have but I do not remember if the ENTTEC was part of the package.

There was a problem with a dll from ENTTEC that time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,048 Views)

Hi, Albert.

I am using the VI in a flat structure (This is a problem but I don't now how resolve), I have connected via USB the ENTTEC DMXUSB PRO, and connected to this with XLR cable a DMX 512 Controller decoder and the RGB LEDS to the DMX 512 Controller decoder. When I run the VI, Labview identifies the connection with the ENTTEC, then, I write the values of the channels, but the LEDS does not turn on, that is the main problem, so I appreciate  very much  that you could share something that can help me.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,046 Views)