Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I grab the displayed waveform from a Tektronix TDS 754D?

I'm having some problems figuring out how to use the LabVIEW drivers for the Tektronix TDS 754D scope. I want to be able to stop the scope with some waveforms on the display, then go to labview and hit "Acquire" and get a file of what I'm looking at on the screen.

The closest thing I've found so far is "Fetch Waveform", which needs to be initialized and everything, which resets the scope and clears what I'm trying to acquire.

I've looked around for any type of documentation or help on these drivers and how to use them, but I can't find anything.

All I want to do is grab the waveforms already stopped on the scope screen. How do I do it, or how do I find out for myself?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,637 Views)
Hi,

for read waveform from instrument you can use two functions. Read and Fetch. Difference is following, read function is high-level and this function starts acqusition, waits specified time up to acquistion is complete and fetch data. Fetch function only fetch data. I made two examples which is doing same measuremet. One is using fetch and second Read VI.

Stop waveform on the display. For this feature you should use single acquistion. Single acquistion can be enabled with tktds7x4 Configure Initiate Continuous.vi. (set to FALSE).

More details about function behaviour you can find in IviScope specification (http://www.ivifoundation.org/ApprovedSpecs/Default.htm) Every group has overview section, where you can find useful information.

Good
luck,
Zdenek
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,637 Views)