Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get LabVIEW to control a Triple output Power Supply?

Hi all,
First let me say that I am a novice when it comes to LabVIEW.

I am trying to send different voltage values to the +6V side and +25V side of an Agilent E3631A Triple output power supply. According to the front panel of the power supply, its working, but when I scope the output, only one side of the power supply is actually changing the voltage... I have tried several different power supplies, so its not a hardware problem. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

I have also tried to go around the problem by controlling 2 different power supplies, but I couldn't get the 2nd one to do anything. I'm assuming its an addressing issue/problem, but I couldn't figure it out. An
y ideas on this issue?

A solution to either method would be very helpful, as either one would help me get this project done. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm using LabVIEW 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,929 Views)
It isn't clear from your question if you are using the LabVIEW instrument driver for the E363XA to communicate with you power supply. If so, are you calling Configure Output with different input settings for the power supply output terminals? I recommend working with the Getting Started VI first.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,929 Views)