From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get HPE2078A HPIB to work with labview 6.1?

I will appologze in advance but I'm totally new to everything here, never dealt with HPIB or NI interface before in my life. The computer I have has a Agilent 82350 card and it appears to be installed correctly. I'm not sure if I need a new driver or what, but I can't get MAX to find this card. Any help to get started would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,535 Views)
MAX will only detect NI hardware. I think you will probably need to acquire drivers or a dll file from Agilent, then use LabView to make calls to the dll via ActiveX or .Net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,529 Views)
Check out this link for information on eabling tulip and Agilent GPIB controllers.
Message 3 of 6
(3,521 Views)
I stand corrected, Thank You Dennis.

Good Luck Tim!
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,520 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:
I stand corrected, Thank You Dennis.

Good Luck Tim!

I tried enabling tulip just as above and I still can't get MAX to recognize my GPIB. In my device manager it says the agilent 82350A pci card is working fine and the driver is correct. Any other ideas why I can't get MAX to find this card?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,512 Views)
The only thing I can recomend is to verify that you have Agilent's VISA driver installed and that you got the latest version of NI-VISA.
Message 6 of 6
(3,506 Views)