Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control and vary the voltage on an Agilent Power Supply using LabVIEW and also simultaneously record temperature from one thermocouple using 1 DMM and record voltage from another thermocouple using another DMM?

I am using an Agilent Power Supply  to apply a voltage to a thermistor to heat an Al chassis.  I want to use LabVIEW to tell the power supply to apply 5V for 10 minutes, then step to 7V for 10 minutes, etc.  I am completely new to LabVIEW, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

In addition to that, I want to place a type J thermocouple onto the Al surface and use a Keithley 2000 DMM to monitor the temperature (it has a built in conversion from V to Temp for type J).  I will also be using another Kelthley 2000 DMM to record the output voltage of a new uncalibrated thermocouple.  I would like to collect the output voltage for this uncalibrated thermocouple and the temperature reading from the type J simultaneously.  How should I go about doing this in LabVIEW?  I will be using version 6.1.  The power supply and DMMs will be connected to a PC using GPIB.

Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated- I have no idea where to begin on such a project.  I have taught myself how to make a basic VI- converting temp in oC to oF, but  that is as far as my knowledge goes.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,705 Views)