Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i plot two different parameters (Light Depend Resistor and Temperature values) by using serial communication?

Hi Everyone,

I am new on Labview platform and working on "mbed" platform to plot two different parameters versus time. My question is that: How can i see their waveform chart seperately? I mean, one waveform chart should be Lighting depend resistor (centigrade) values versus time, and other one is Temperature values versus time. They should be continious signals. I exactly did not know, where do i put waveform chart on my block diagram. And i guess, i need two. If true, how can i seperate LDR values and Temperature values. I have added my code and my vi file print screen (my vi file is exactly same as Continious Serial Write And Read Demo Examples). Please somebody helps me.

King Regards,

Cem 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,786 Views)
The two charts would be in the read case. How you convert would depend entirely on what is being returned. So, instead of posting some c++ code, create an indicator on the output of the VISA Read and tell its what you get.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,780 Views)

Thank you for your quick answer, but i did not read any significant values Output Of VISA. (Possibly, because of wrong connection). I have added another screenshot. As you can see there, in read position, i have  two parameters which comes from mbed (ldr and Lm55 sensors). One is that "Temperature:" and other one is "ldr ciktisi:" (output of LDR values). My main goal is to seperate these two parameters in to two arrays. So, i can plot each of vaweform chart versus time. Could you give me more basic details through my goal please?

Thanks,

Cem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,776 Views)
Sending idn is just silly.

You are obviously getting significant readings, otherwise you would have nothing in the response indicator. Please do what I asked or explain how the days is being sent. Do you get one set of values and a carriage return, next value and another carriage return? If so, just compare the returned string for the prefix and use a case structure.

Find the basic tutorials and take those before doing any programming or questions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,764 Views)