From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use labview to view data from omega cn7500

I've just started using labview last week for an undergraduate research position and I can't figure out how to communcate with an Omega cn7500 we have in the lab. My knowledge of labview of is somewhat limited but I've read the manual and I know the basics. Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Maarten

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,278 Views)

Have you looked at this thread?

If that does not solve your problem, then post back with specific information about what you have tried and what does not work, including any error messages. Include details about how the commuincation is connected to the computer.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,274 Views)

I have I am a little confused by it, but also we are not reading it with a serial port but rather BNC - rs485 - usb and then plugging the usb into the back of our desktop, most drivers ive seen people talk about are serial only

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,266 Views)
An RS-485 connection IS serial. When you plug it in, a new com port should appear in Windows and in MAX, assuming you installed the usb driver for it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,260 Views)

I guess my question is that I am just confiused on how that program works in communicated with the omega 7500 thermocouple. All I need is way to extract the temperature reading from the omega 7500 so I can then graph it on this interface we are using

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,157 Views)

Hello novice6

At this point are you able to communicate to your device?

Have you been able to test one of the examples?

If you want some clarification on the functionality, what part exactly (which VI)?

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,099 Views)