Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the language interface without installing hardware or the MAX ?

Hello,

I have to develope an VC++ aplication to make measurements using a NI-GPIB card. On my develope system is no card installed.

How can I get the VC++ language interface without installing hardware or the MAX ?

It could not be the solution to install the GPIB-card on my system.

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

Ulrich Debler
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,593 Views)
Hello Ulrich,

it is necessary to install the GPIB driver on your system. Only with the driver you get access to the functionality of the GPIB card.

Kai Kratt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,587 Views)
Hello Kai,

thanks for the answer.

But as I wrote, I haven't a GPIB card in my developement system. So I need no access to the functionality. The GPIB card is in a measurement system.
I write a new programm for those measurement systems.
For writing the programm I need the language interface on my developement system. The GPIB card is installed on the measurement system.

So why should I install a non existing hardware to get two files from a CD?
Why should I installed a software which say allways 'You haven't the proper hardware' ?

I can't develope on a measurement system. They are needed for manufacturing.

The best solution will be to install all on a new system, copy the two files an than kill the new system.

Best regards

Ulrich Debler
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,580 Views)
Ulrich,

You can download the 32 bit Visual C++ Language Interface along with some examples from:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3ED3C56A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52353&p_source=external

Good luck with your development!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,573 Views)
Hello gipibtester,

thanks for the answer.

Best regards

Ulrich Debler
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,562 Views)
To be clear, you can install NI-488.2 on a system that does not have GPIB hardware on it for the purposes of developing something to be used with NI GPIB hardware. The driver does not require that hardware be present.

Scott B.
GPIB Sofware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,548 Views)