Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my IVI driver to rgister with MAX without contacting NI?

I have recently gone through the CVI 7. "Create IVI Instr Driver" and would like to see it show up under MAX and try it out with Labview 7.

To use IVI under LabView 7, the IVI must be registered with Max and have a logical name and Software module association.

I can't get the distribution kit to create something which will register my driver (done this way on purpose accourding to other postings here) and it seems the only way to register my driver it to a) send the driver to NI for compliance checking and MSI gerneration or b) manully hack the config store myself using the API.

Isn't there another way as we all must be facing this issue as we develop drivers?

rjmiller
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,077 Views)
Hey rjmiller,

Here is a knowledge base that discribes your options. The first option is to send the driver to us and the second option is to create the installer your self using the IVI Specifications.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6F8D1A6D5428C77A86256DC000709710?OpenDocument

I hope this helps out and good luck with your driver.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,077 Views)
Thanks, I went the way of updating the main store. The CVI sample program wasn't too bad to modify to add things, but it sure would be nice to have a full fledged app do this that we (developers) could use - hint, hint.

I can make my code available for others as needs if they want to E-mail me. Obviously as if, but adds a SW module, APIs and even a PHYSICAL property.

E-mail me @: rjmiller_62@yahoo.com

rjmiller
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,077 Views)