Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect HOST PC COM port under cRIO 9074?

Solved!
Go to solution

I can't find any HOST PC COM port on my cRIO.

I tried to use global variable but it was unuseful.  Is there any solution?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sad0000

@sad0000 wrote:

I can't find any HOST PC COM port on my cRIO.

And why should it?  A cRIO is really another computer.  Would you expect your PC to see the serial ports of another PC on your network?  No, you wouldn't.

If you really want the cRIO to do communications of some sort over the serial port of the PC, then you will need to make an application on the PC that can communicate with the cRIO, typically over TCP/IP or Network Streams.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,676 Views)

crossrulz 已寫:

And why should it?  A cRIO is really another computer.  Would you expect your PC to see the serial ports of another PC on your network?  No, you wouldn't.

thank you for your reply. I will try your solutions.

Here is my project. Detect one direction force value and control a motor. I chose scan mode to detect my sensor. I must put the program under cRIO to make sure the value is correct. If the program is under cRIO, it cannot connect my PC port so that I cannot send any request to my control board Smiley Sad

I tried VISA server but it cannot work 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,661 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

thanks bro!

I tried TCP/IP. This way solves my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,606 Views)