Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information

Good day everybody,

I have Tabor WW1072 AWG connected to a hub to which my notebook is connected. I can ping the device, I see it from NI MAX, I see it from VISA test panel. But when I try to contact it from a VI, I got from the company, there is this  "(Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information" error ( you can see in the file attached).. The weirdest thing is that it was working several weeks ago. The only thing that changed is that now I use ethernet-usb adaptor, as ethernet port on my notebook is broken now. I was trying to repair National Instrument software it didn't help. Disabling firewall didn't help. Could anyone possibly know what's the problem?

Thank you all in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,317 Views)

Hi Andranik,

in the past that error could be resolved by resetting the MAX Database. I have a instruction for you right here:

What is the Process For Resetting the MAX Database?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

But please make sure to create a backup of your custom scales, tasks, etc. ...

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,278 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply!

I just resetted configuration Data and restarted the notebook. Then I ran the AWG VI and there was no error. Moreover the Lecroy scope driver I installed recently, but which I couldn't see in functions/Instrument I/O, is now there... The problem is, after I closed Visa test panel(closing also the remote control with AWG) and then opened it the error was appearing again after running the VI. I am trying to reset configuration Data, but now there is always the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,268 Views)