Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Can't detect my scope in LabVIEW7.1

Hi, all,
I am using:
LabVIEW7.1, Advantech PCI-1670(GPIB) and Tektronix TDS3012B oscilloscope.
I installed PCI-1670 driver. In PCI-1670's own utility, I can find TDS3012B oscilloscope is listed there with address "GPIB0::1", and I can run it's sample code in LabVIEW such as 'reset' the scope. The problem is I can't find any GPIB in Measurement&Automation explorer.
I also installed TDS3012B oscilloscope driver for LabVIEW and when I run the sample program such like: get start.vi, the wrong message is: Error:1073807195 coourred at VISA Open in initialize.vi->get start.vi. I think I input the correct resource name "GPIB0::1::INSTR". I guess LabVIEW doesn't detect scope at all.
Any suggestion? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,131 Views)
Hi,

Had the same problem a while back with the HP 54602 series. We downloaded the new driver file, which caused this to show up. You can also force M&A Explorer to recognize it by force scanning. Right click the GPIB icon and hit Scan for Instruments. Also, the GPIB Analyzer and NI-Spy (input and output) maybe useful tools.

- spandya2
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,123 Views)
First, MAX is an NI utility program for NI products so there's no reason for your Advantech board to be detected by MAX. Second, unless Advantech supplies a VISA library for their board, you will not be able to use any instrument driver that is based on VISA. If you can communicate with the instrument with the LabVIEW functions supplied by Advantech, then you will have to replace the VISA functions in the driver with the Advantech functions. If Advantech does supply a VISA driver, go to MAX and expand the Software listing under Configuration. Select NI-VISA. In the center screen, you should see General Settings>Passports. Select that and then check NiVisa Tulip.dll and try to use the driver.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,118 Views)