Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone sucessfully used the Agilent 54830B Instrument Drivers?

For some reason using this instrument driver produces a number of problems. It either slows up the GPIB and eventually crashes, or doesn't allow multiple trace data to be retrieved i.e Channel 1 and Memory 1. Looking at the programming manual the commands seem correct and all the other instruments that have used the bus work normally.

I've tried changing it's address and the scope has the option to store the bus commands sent it which it receives and reports to follow.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,065 Views)
MarkC,

Are you able to communicate with your instrument in MAX or using VISAIC (VISA Interactive Control)?
I guess I am not sure what you mean by "it either slows up the GPIB and eventually crashes,...". Do you get any error messages at all?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,065 Views)
I am able to communicate with my instrument until it crashes and then I can't communicate over the bus at all. It seems to me that the request for service takes longer and longer to get back and eventually the scope crashes and freezes up its display. This crash seems to happen when the scope is talking and the computer is listening so gets stuck in this mode permanently. The only way to clear the fault and communicate over the bus is to reboot the scope.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,065 Views)