Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP6633A to HP6633B conversion (Driver Needed)

Solved!
Go to solution

We have sevral test stations running LabVIEW 2011 that contain a HP6633A power supply.  Recently, we have not been able to get HP6633A from our vendor so someone purchased the HP6633B instead, thinking it would be a drop in replacement.  Turns out, it's not, the VISA command set is totally different.  I'm posting this on the off-chance that someone has developed a driver that can talk to both, or at least a driver for the HP6633B that is LabVIEW 2011 complient.  The only driver I could find for the "B" model was for LV2012 and up.  I understand I should talk to Keysight, and I am doing that in parallel with this post.  Just hoping to get lucky.  Thanks, Pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,336 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pd110

You should be able to switch the new power supply between old compatible and new command language using the SYST:LANG Command  ( See Appendix B of devices programming guide)

Message 2 of 4
(4,314 Views)

Thank you for pointing this out, you saved me a lot of work!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,307 Views)

Check the LANG selection in the Power supply.  I use the 6632A and B versions.  The A versions have the COMP language while the B versions are SCPI compliant.  You can choose COMP in the B versions and they will act like an A version supply.  It is a setup within the power supply, I typically use the NIMAX to check the setting and make the change there.  It will hold this in memory even after power cycling.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,333 Views)