Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP3562A Signal Analyzer communication over GPIB: data array missing values

Hello!

I am working with the HP3562A Signal Analyzer over a gpib-usb converter called Proligix. I am coding in python as well. The Prologix came with a easy to use python module to write commands to the GPIB and output the data.

I am trying to get the data in the form of ansi-floats, using the command "DDAN". The output array contains all of the header values, but not all of the data. For example, the Programming Manual says that for the frequency response trace, the array should contain 13344 bytes, but the outputted array only contains around 3520. The number of bytes in the array also changes every time I pass the command DDAN (ranged from 3520 to 3560 normally), but it is always around 3520 no matter what measurement is currently being used. The prologix python module does include a waiting parameter, which tells the python program to sleep for 0.1 seconds by default, but changing this parameter does not effect the output array length.

I am not sure what to do here, so I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,990 Views)
Since you are not using any NI hardware or software, why are you posting here. Have you asked on a python, prologix, or Keysight forum?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,982 Views)