Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP3245a does not work via GPIB using also GPIB ENET100 with Labview 7.1

Since I updated Labview to 7.1 my HP universal source HP3245a always crashes when asked of anything. I also use an ENET100 GPIB switch to communicate. Please let me know how to fix this problem. Under labview 6.1 there was no problem even without installing instrument drivers. ON NI site there are the drivers for this device only for 7.0. Thank you very much to ALL....
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,469 Views)
MacPv,
Are you programming your GPIB instrument by calling VISA functions or GPIB primitives?
What is the firmware Revision of your ENET-GPIB/100.
What do you mean by "...HP3245a always crashes"?

The instrument driver you found on the web is rated compatible with LV 7. This means it can be used also in LV 7.1 but not with LabVIEW versions earlier than 7.0.

Regards,

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,458 Views)
For my GPIB ENET 100 the firmware is C9. I use the standard GPIB palette with error in, error out, string, etc.. passing to the instrument the exact command as its manual explains. All other instruments work properely but the universal source HP3245a that gives a syntax error when asked to do anything. The same program under labview 6.1 works perfectly even if I did not install the instrument driver under that version. Sorry to disturb and thank you again for your help and everyone's
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,448 Views)
What is the version of your NI-488.2 Driver?
Here you can find the Latest Driver for your GPIB-ENET/100. MAke sure you select the right Operating System that matches your machine.

Once you have checked and updated the NI-488.2 Driver then you can try and bypass LabVIEW. Use the IBIC command interface. You can start it from

...\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-488.2\bin

That is the low level interface that lets you take control of your instrument without using any Application Development Environment.

Regards,
AlessioD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,431 Views)