Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 8593E spectrum analyzer channel power measurement

Hello,

Does anyone have experience in measuring the channel power through HP8593E? I am having trouble retrieving the measurement result from the instrument. My VI though is able to set the instrument into channel power measurement mode but for some reason, am getting an error when reading the result.

i have attached the vi to write and read the channel power for HP8593E.

Thank youCHP.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,079 Views)

I would recommend downloading the drivers that is available: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E94DD659CE034080020E748...

Most intsruments require a querry command in order to get data back.  Querry commands usually end in a question mark ('?').  So you might just need to send "CHP?" before the read.  Either use the supplied drivers or read up on the programmer's manual to make sure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,075 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thank you. I was able to get the right skippy from the manual. It should be CHPWR? instead of CHP?.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,042 Views)

@Juls wrote:

Hi Crossrulz,

Thank you. I was able to get the right skippy from the manual. It should be CHPWR? instead of CHP?.

What is "skippy"???

SCPI = Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,036 Views)